8 facts about post-operative care and rehabilitation that will surprise you!
If you’ve been thinking that rehabilitation is only for people who are seeking addiction treatment then we suggest you pause and think again.
Your loved one has just undergone surgery and is being discharged from the hospital. The next thing they want is to return to their normal routine.
But are their bodies ready? Maybe not. And this could lead to a relapse.
Post-operative Rehabilitation steps in here.
It is the missing link between your loved one’s discharge from the hospital and their speedy recovery.
This is what you probably did not know.
1) Post-operative rebab can speed up recovery –It is for your loved ones who undergoing treatment after either a heart surgery or cancer surgery, are suffering from kidney and lung chronic illness, fractures, neurological disorders and strokes.
2) Rehabilitation can help your loved one return to normalcy faster- It includes multidimensional therapies namely, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, diet therapy that enhances mobility in the parts of the body where surgery has been performed, strengthens muscles, reduces pain and teaches them to redo daily activities. It also includes supportive therapies like yoga, music and counselling that reduce their anxiety and keep them motivated.
3) Your loved one is always in safe hands- A post-operative care centre has a team of experienced specialist doctors, nurses and caregivers to attend to them round the clock if they need any assistance.
4) Post-operative care is possible even at home- You can opt for rehab services through trained staff within the comfort of your home as per your convenience.
5) Rehab offers emotional support in critical illnesses- Palliative care is an integral part of rehabilitation and it not only caters to the condition of your loved one but also helps to improve the overall quality of their life, helping them lead a dignified life free from distress and pain. The program also helps you and the rest of the family cope with their illness.
6) A post-operative care program lets you spend quality time with your loved ones – The specialized and strenuous tasks are taken care of by professionals leaving more time for laughter and conversations between you and your loved one.
7) An immediate post-operative care and rehab help you save time and cost- Rehab offers a comprehensive treatment plan under one roof reducing your effort and strain on your loved one by cutting down travelling to multiple places for different therapies. And it also helps save additional expenses due to relapses in the condition and mishaps in the absence of trained staff.
8) Rehabilitation offers post-covid support- covid recovered patients develop respiratory and heart problems which could be fatal. Rehab helps them regain their health through pulmonary and cardiac rehabilitation programs.
Post–operative care and rehabilitation is an entire support system that helps your loved one enjoy good health and smile again instead of serving a prison statement of pain and suffering.
COMMENTS: No Comments