End of life is a sensitive and challenging time for everyone involved, hence caring for a loved one during their final days can be emotionally overwhelming. We at Sukino Healthcare pride ourselves as an end of life care facility on providing the compassionate care that families need during this difficult time. It is not only focused on managing pain and discomfort but also on preserving the dignity of our clients, providing them with the physical and emotional support that they need during the final stages of their life for them to spend meaningful time with their loved ones.
Our dedicated counseling team provides personalized care by understanding the preferences of each individual and the emotional toll that end-of-life care can take. Our commitment to excellence in care extends beyond medical treatment to encompass all aspects of daily living. We believe in going above and beyond to ensure that families feel supported and cared for, both physically and emotionally.
We work tirelessly to ensure that our patients receive the highest level of care possible in a stress-free and comfortable manner, allowing them to focus on what matters most to them during this difficult time. Our goal is to provide comfort, peace of mind, and a sense of dignity to those we serve. Hence, families be assured of the best possible care received by their loved ones.
Benefits of End of Life Care
End-of-life care services can provide numerous benefits for patients and their families, including:
- Enhance physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being: End-of-life care services can help patients enhance their physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Caregivers also support the patients with their day-to-day tasks such as dressing, bathing, and daily hygiene, as well as emotional and spiritual support that can help patients feel more at peace during this difficult time.
- Maximize comfort and improve quality of life: End of life care services are designed to maximize the comfort of patients by improving their quality of life to the farthest extent possible. Caregivers can help manage pain and other symptoms, ensuring that patients are comfortable and able to make the most of their last days.
- Manage pain and other symptoms: End-of life care services can provide specialized medical care to manage pain and other symptoms that patients may be experiencing. Hence helping them remain positive and happy.
- Assist with personal tasks such as dressing, bathing, and daily hygiene: End of life care services can provide assistance with personal tasks that may become more difficult for patients as their condition worsens. This can help patients maintain their dignity and independence since they are not required to be dependent or burden their family members.
- Alleviate feelings of loneliness, stress, and anxiety: End-of-life care services can provide emotional support that can help alleviate feelings of loneliness, stress, and anxiety that patients and their families may be experiencing. Caregivers can provide companionship and emotional support, which patients during the last stage especially seek. Furthermore, ensuring that patients and their families feel supported and cared for during this difficult time.
Why opt for Sukino for End of Life Care?
If you are looking for compassionate and comprehensive end-of-life care for yourself or a loved one, Sukino should be your top choice. Here are some reasons why you should opt for Sukino:
- Early detection, comprehensive assessment, and management of physical issues: We focus on early detection and comprehensive assessment of physical issues, including pain and other bothersome symptoms, to provide the best possible care. Our team of experienced professionals understands that end-of-life care is not just about managing physical symptoms, but also about addressing the emotional and spiritual needs of the patient and their family.
- Addressing psychological, spiritual, and social needs: We believe in providing holistic care to our patients, which includes addressing their psychological, spiritual, and social needs without affecting their belief systems. This approach can provide a sense of accomplishment and support to both the patient and their family.
- Providing end-of-life care in conjunction with disease-modifying therapies: We understand that some patients may require both care and disease-modifying therapies. Hence, we provide disease-modifying therapies whenever necessary, making us one of the most renowned providers of end-of-life care in Bangalore.
- Respite care: We can also offer respite care to provide temporary relief for family members who need a break or breather. Caregivers can manage meal preparation, laundry, light housekeeping, shopping, and running errands, serving as essential support systems during overwhelming times.
- Full accountability and transparency: We believe in transparency and accountability, which is why we reveal the treatment plan to the patient and their family, ensuring that everyone is on the same page and understands the goals of care, which can help reduce stress and anxiety for both the patient and their family.
- Comfortable and relaxing environment: Whether your loved one stays at home, in a nursing home, or in another facility, we can help create a comfortable and relaxing environment, providing companionship, emotional support, and spiritual connection.
- Assistance with daily tasks: Professional caregivers at Sukino can assist with daily tasks such as housekeeping, personal care, and hygiene needs, allowing you and your family to focus on spending quality time with your loved one.
- Experienced provider: As a leading senior home care provider, Sukino has extensive experience in providing end-of-life care for families across the state.
Choosing Sukino for end-of-life care can be a decision that can bring the highest level of comfort, support, and peace of mind to both patients and their families. With our experienced team and commitment to holistic care, you can rest assured that you or your loved one will receive the best possible care during this difficult time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
End of life care is a support system for people who are in the last months or years of their life. Such care helps these individuals to live life as pain-free and comfortable as possible. This end stage care makes the individual as comfortable as possible, by managing the pain and other troublesome symptoms.
Yes we provide post demise services like Death Certificate, Ice Box Arrangement, Transportation of Body, Crematorium arrangements, etc. Some of these are arranged through partner agencies having a strong record of reliable services.
Contrary to the generalised interpretation, End-of-life care (or EoLC) refers to an approach to health care for people in their final hours or days of their lives, but more broadly care of all those with a terminal condition that has become advanced, progressive, and incurable.
As part of our End-of life services, we provide the below:
- In-House Doctor Managed Care plan
- Dedicated Nursing care 24*7
- Palliative Care
- Counselling- psychological and spiritual
Post Demise Services- Death Certificate, Ice Box Arrangement, Transportation of Body, Crematorium arrangements, etc. Some of these are arranged through partner agencies having a strong record of reliable services
It might be appropriate to consider an End of Life Care Facility when an individual has been diagnosed with a terminal illness and their healthcare team determines that curative treatment options are no longer effective or beneficial. The decision to seek care at an End of Life Care Facility is often based on the patient’s medical condition, prognosis, and desire for comfort-focused care.
The trained and dedicated teams of End of Life Care Facilities provide emotional support to patients as well as their families. These teams are comprised of social workers, counselors, and chaplains who are trained in providing compassionate care during this difficult time. They offer counseling, facilitate open communication, and assist in addressing emotional and psychological needs, helping patients and families navigate the complex emotions associated with end-of-life care.
While deciding on which End of Life Care Facility to opt for, consider looking into factors such as the facility’s reputation and accreditation, the qualifications and experience of the staff, the range of services provided, the facility’s location and accessibility, the availability of specialized care for specific conditions, the facility’s approach to emotional and spiritual support, and the level of comfort and amenities offered. It’s also important to visit the facility, meet the staff, and ask any specific questions you may have to ensure it aligns with your needs and values.
Yes, it is possible to make a switch to a different End of Life Care Facility if you are not satisfied with the one you initially chose. You have all the right to choose the facility that best meets your needs and preferences, and where you want to spend your time. Discuss your concerns with the current facility’s staff, explore alternative options, and coordinate the transition process to ensure continuity of care and a smooth transition.
The length of stay at an End of Life Care Facility varies depending on the individual patient’s needs and circumstances. Some patients may stay for a few days or weeks, while others may require care for several months. The duration of stay is determined based on the patient’s medical condition, prognosis, and goals of care. The facility’s healthcare team will work with the patient and their family to develop an individualized care plan.
Yes, many End of Life Care Facilities provides bereavement support services for families after the patient has passed. These services may include counseling, support groups, educational resources, and assistance in navigating the grieving process. The facility’s staff can provide information and guidance on accessing these support services and connecting with local bereavement resources.
No, End of Life Care Facilities is not only limited to elderly patients. These facilities provide care for individuals of all ages who are in the advanced stages of a terminal illness. Patients of any age can benefit from the compassionate care, pain management, and support services offered by End of Life Care Facilities.
In many cases, End of Life Care Facilities allows patients and their families to bring personal belongings in order to create a familiar environment that can enhance the patient’s comfort and sense of home. However, it’s always recommended to check with the specific facility regarding any guidelines or restrictions on personal items to ensure compliance with safety and space considerations.
If a patient’s condition stabilizes or improves unexpectedly while at an End of Life Care Facility, the facility’s healthcare team will reassess the patient’s care plan. In such cases, the patient’s goals of care may be reevaluated, and the focus may shift towards transitional or rehabilitative care to support their improved condition. The patient and their family will be involved in decision-making and care planning processes to ensure the best course of action.
In some cases, End of Life Care Facilities allow outside caregivers or hired professionals to assist with a patient’s care, provided they meet certain criteria and adhere to the facility’s policies and guidelines. It’s essential to discuss this option with the facility’s administration to understand their specific regulations regarding outside caregivers and ensure the continuity and safety of care.