Post Covid Rehab is a personalized and comprehensive treatment approach aimed at managing and preventing the immediate and long-term impact of COVID. A significant number of Covid patients encounter prolonged respiratory, physical, cognitive, and functional complications, which can impact their daily activities. Therefore, a multidisciplinary approach with a specific focus on respiratory rehabilitation is crucial. Sukino specializes in managing post-COVID complications, including critical illness polyneuropathy (CIP), acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), sepsis, multi-organ failure, and cardiac injury.
At Sukino, our Post Covid Rehab Care provides tailored care plans, customized to meet each patient’s specific needs and delivered by a team of expert professionals including pulmonologists, rehab physicians (physiatrists), physiotherapists, yoga therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, nutritionists, and psychologists, collaboratively to optimize their autonomy and overall health performance.
This multidisciplinary approach involves detailed clinical assessments and the creation of an individualized protocol that includes exercises utilizing advanced equipment, as well as patient education sessions, providing a holistic approach. It ensures that patients receive the necessary education and therapeutic interventions to reduce breathlessness, decrease oxygen dependency, and alleviate anxiety levels within a month. It also includes exercises targeting lung and muscle health that can enhance fitness levels and improve the quality of life for individuals with conditions like COPD.
Benefits of Post COVID Rehab
Post COVID rehab offers several benefits to individuals recovering from the disease:
- Reduced oxygen dependence or the ability to breathe without oxygen support: Many COVID patients experience long-term complications in the lungs, including alterations in lung tissue, vascular thickening, and bronchiectasis, leading to persisting limitations in respiratory function and impaired gas exchange. Through targeted therapies and exercises, rehabilitation can help individuals reduce their reliance on supplemental oxygen, enabling them to breathe more independently.
- Improved physical activity levels and reduced fatigue: COVID survivors, even those who did not reach a critical state, may be more susceptible to movement-related fatigue. Rehabilitation programs focus on gradually increasing physical activity and energy levels, helping individuals regain their strength, endurance, and stamina. This leads to reduced fatigue and improved overall physical functioning.
- Enhanced physical and emotional weakness: Patients who have spent time in the intensive care unit (ICU) during their COVID treatment often suffer from physical and emotional weakness acquired during their stay. Rehabilitation can help address these weaknesses and improve overall physical strength and well-being.
- Improved muscle strength and flexibility: Rehabilitation exercises and therapies specifically target muscle strength and flexibility, aiding in the recovery of weakened muscles and promoting better mobility.
- Increase in overall endurance: Regular rehabilitation sessions help improve cardiovascular fitness and endurance, allowing individuals to engage in daily activities with greater ease and reduced exertion.
- Reduced risk of falls: Post COVID rehab includes balance training and exercises to enhance stability, coordination, and gait. This reduces the risk of falls and promotes safer mobility.
- Faster return to a normal routine: By addressing the physical, respiratory, and cognitive aspects of recovery, rehabilitation expedites the return to normal daily routines and activities.
- Enhanced cognition and mood: Acute Respiratory Disorders (ARDS) survivors may also experience cognitive impairment, and mood deterioration, including depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder. Rehabilitation interventions can aid in cognitive recovery and provide emotional support.
Post COVID rehab plays a vital role in mitigating the long-term effects of the disease and improving the overall quality of life for survivors. It provides a comprehensive and personalized approach to address the specific needs and challenges faced by individuals on their journey to recovery.
Who can benefit from Post COVID Rehab?
- COVID patients who have been discharged from the hospital: Individuals who have received treatment for COVID-19 in a hospital setting and are now in the recovery phase can greatly benefit from post-COVID rehabilitation. This comprehensive care aims to address the residual effects of the disease and support the individual’s full recovery.
- COVID patients experiencing symptoms such as fatigue, anxiety, depression, and dysphagia (difficulty swallowing): Many individuals who have contracted COVID-19 continue to experience persistent symptoms even after the acute phase of the illness. Rehabilitation can provide targeted interventions to manage and alleviate these symptoms.
- COVID patients with co-morbid health conditions: Individuals with pre-existing health conditions such as obesity, hypertension, diabetes, heart diseases, or lung diseases are at a higher risk of experiencing severe complications from COVID-19. Post-COVID rehabilitation addresses the specific challenges posed by their underlying conditions and helps optimize their overall health and well-being.
Why Choose Sukino for Post-COVID Rehabilitation?
Reasons to Choose Sukino for Post COVID Rehab:
- Medical Supervision: At Sukino, we provide medical supervision throughout the rehabilitation process. Our team of doctors closely monitors your progress, conducts necessary lab tests, and ensures appropriate medication management to support your recovery.
- Respiratory Therapy & Techniques: Our dedicated Respiratory Therapists employ specialized breathing techniques to improve lung capacity, enhance respiratory function, and prevent future complications.
- Skilled Nursing Care: Our experienced nurses provide skilled nursing care tailored to your specific needs. This may include tracheostomy care, nasogastric tube feeding, wound care, or other necessary interventions to promote healing and facilitate recovery.
- Nutrition and Diet Therapy: A well-balanced diet is crucial for regaining strength, building endurance, and boosting immunity. Our skilled dieticians create personalized nutrition plans to support your recovery journey, ensuring you receive the necessary nutrients for optimal healing and overall well-being.
- Psychology & Emotional Wellbeing: We recognize the importance of addressing the emotional aspects of recovery. Our psychologists provide personalized counseling and coping techniques to support your emotional well-being, helping you navigate the challenges and adjustments associated with daily living post-COVID-19.
- Physiotherapy & Lifestyle Education: Our physiotherapists work with you to improve physical function, mobility, and overall quality of life. Through targeted exercises and therapies, we aim to enhance muscle strength, flexibility, and balance. Additionally, we provide comprehensive health and lifestyle education to empower you with the knowledge and tools needed to maintain your well-being beyond the rehabilitation period.
- Home & Family Preparation: We believe in a holistic approach to post COVID rehab, which includes preparing you and your family for better disease management and future prevention. Our team offers guidance and education on home care practices, infection control measures, and lifestyle modifications to promote a safe and healthy environment.
Choosing Sukino for post COVID rehab ensures a multidisciplinary approach committed to providing comprehensive and personalized care. We prioritize your physical, respiratory, nutritional, psychological, and social well-being to support your recovery and help you regain independence and a higher quality of life.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Post-COVID Rehabilitation is a personalized and comprehensive treatment approach aimed at managing and preventing the immediate and long-term impact of COVID-19.
Post-COVID rehabilitation offers several benefits, including reduced oxygen dependence, improved physical activity levels, reduced fatigue, enhanced muscle strength, and flexibility, increased overall endurance, reduced risk of falls, faster return to the normal routine, improved cognition and mood, and comprehensive support for overall recovery and well-being.
Post-COVID rehabilitation is beneficial for individuals who have been discharged from the hospital after COVID-19 treatment, those experiencing persistent symptoms such as fatigue, anxiety, depression, and dysphagia, and individuals with pre-existing health conditions like obesity, hypertension, diabetes, heart or lung diseases.
Sukino’s comprehensive and personalized approach, coupled with the expertise of our multidisciplinary team provides medical supervision, specialized respiratory therapy, skilled nursing care, nutrition and diet therapy, psychological support, physiotherapy, lifestyle education, and home and family preparation.
During a post-COVID rehabilitation session, you can expect a combination of exercises, including breathing exercises, to improve strength and flexibility, speech therapy for swallowing difficulties, nutritional guidance, psychological counseling, and education on managing daily activities and lifestyle modifications.
Yes, post-COVID rehabilitation can be provided in various settings, including at home.
Sukino offers home-based rehabilitation services where our healthcare professionals can visit you in the comfort of your own home and provide personalized care. This allows for convenience and a supportive environment during your recovery.
No, post-COVID rehabilitation is a comprehensive approach that addresses not only physical recovery but also cognitive, emotional, and functional aspects with proper support and interventions.
The coverage of post-COVID rehabilitation by insurance may vary. It is generally recommended to check with your insurance provider regarding the specific coverage details for rehabilitation services.
The risks associated with post-COVID rehabilitation are minimal and depend on the individual’s specific condition. The program is designed to ensure safety and is closely monitored by healthcare professionals.