What is stroke?
Stroke also known as cerebrovascular accident (CVA) occurs when the blood supply to part of the brain is reduced or stopped due to various reasons like rupturing of the blood vessel. When supply of blood is stopped, the brain is deprived of both oxygen and nutrients and this deprivation causes brain damage. This is a medical emergency as brain cells die within minutes.
There are 2 types of strokes. One is Ischemic stroke where clots formed in the blood vessels block the flow of blood to the brain depriving it of oxygen and nutrients. The second type of stroke is Hemorrhagic stroke where the blood vessels ruptures again leading to deprivation of oxygen and nutrients to the brain.
What are the common symptoms of stroke?
The symptoms generally observed in patients who suffer from stroke include
- Numbness of the face, arms or legs
- Loss of vision
- Loss of speech, difficulty talking, hearing and understanding when others speak
- Sudden burst of headache or sometime very severe headache
- Mobility impairments like loss of balance, unstable walking
They type and extent of the difficulties depends on the size and location of the stroke
What are the after effects of Stroke?
Worldover it is seen that amongst all neurological conditions that people suffer from, it is Stroke that is a major ailment affecting people. Individual people may have different complications but in general the most noticeable effects are seen as speech impairments, mobility disorders, lack of coordination, depression.
Why choose inpatient rehabilitation for stroke recovery?
The way Stroke affects an individual varies from patient to patient although at a generalized level most patients suffer from speech and swallow impairment, mobility impairment, depression. The chances of a person’s recovery brighten very well if the patient is given a good recuperative and rehabilitative care. Both these care needs to go hand in hand and this can best be achieved only in a inhouse residential/inpatient center. Such a center typically has a good robust care protocol with clear outcome based monitoring systems and will be designed in a scientific manner to help patients overcome the after effects of stroke.
At Sukino, we have over the years of experience in treating patients with Stroke ailments come up with a proprietory protocol approach which is unique to individuals and one that incporates the care plans of various disciplines including therapists, nurses, physicians, dietitians and more. Our care is flexible and accommodates the needs of each patient so that optimum results which are clearly measureable are obtained. Our approach includes the treatment plan of the patient’s primary physician and hence there is a continuity of care.
When a patient is admitted in Sukino inpatient care, he can be assured that he will be taken care very well and have a pleasant home like environment with clinical and therapy care provided. This will help the patient to overcome anxieties and will foster collaborative mindset.
When should Stroke Rehabilitation begin?
As it goes with any ailments, the quicker one starts treatment the better are the chances of a quicker recovery. We have seen many patients get back their mobility, speech and swallow when they have been started on our rehabilitation program. The first three months after the attack is considered to be the golden period for recovery. Survivors who have had one stroke are at high risk of having another one if the treatment programs and plans are not followed systematically and having high quality recuperative and reahbiliative care plan at home is not quite possible.
Why choose Sukino for inpatient rehabilitation?
At Sukino, we have rehabilitated many post-stroke paralysis patients and helped them managed their daily activities and get their life back to normal. The primary goal of our doctors and nurses team in post-stroke rehabilitation care is to retrain the muscles and nerves of the patients that have sustained injury after the event.
Our nurses and caretakers involve the patient in various:
- Physical exercises – We treat every patient with dedicated care and have a personalized plan for physiotherapy for stroke patients.
- Cognitive exercises – Our nurses engage patients in various light and creative mental activities which boost the problem-solving ability of the patients.
- Technology-assisted exercises – Electrical stimulation of the muscles helps in energizing weak muscles thus enhancing the probability of recuperation in patients.
Our “continuum care” model ensures to provide continuity of care to our patients post-hospitalization by being in constant contact with their primary doctors. We have consistently been achieving the best measurable outcomes for patients with our continuity care plan. This is something that we as an organization stands for and proud of.
We provide patients with hygienically prepared food in our continuum centers as per the diet plan advised by their doctors. In adjunct, our operation managers are not only equipped with ins and outs of rehab programs but also well-educated with insurance coverage. Rehabilitation services can vary substantially from one case to another. Amidst all the stroke rehabilitation interventions, patients feel at home with a friendly and caring staff around them.
We, at Sukino, manage the journey of the patient bridging the gap between hospital and home in a seamless and painless manner.
- Physiotherapy for enhancing gross motor activities, improving overall strength, endurance, increase balance, and treating gait abnormalities.
- We use tilt tables to stabilize orthostatic hypotension, parallel bars to stabilize walking, virtual reality for balance — static and dynamic.
- Occupational therapy to improve fine motor movements, teach bed mobility & ADL activities, bracing, and splinting.
- Review and modification of the care plan.
- Speech and Language Pathologists (SLP) provide therapy for communication disorders, auditory processing, training for cognition and social communication, and play a major role in teaching swallowing techniques.
- Dietary Intervention : Our in-house experienced dietitian assesses the nutritional status, refers to medical reports, consults family, takes into account your preferences, and formulates a specialized, personal diet plan for you.
- Counseling : We offer psychosocial education that keeps you motivated, reduces your anxiety levels, and helps you cope with your situation.
- Supportive therapies : We assess your symptoms/condition thoroughly and include yoga or music sessions to address your physical, emotional & spiritual needs decreasing stress, and improving self-esteem.
- A highly efficient online system that continuously monitors patients requiring critical care.
- Robotics for physical and occupational therapies.
- AI simulators for cognitive therapy.
- Careful monitoring and weekly assessments.
- Review and modification of the care plan.
- A post-discharge care plan to maintain uninterrupted care.
- Onsite Doctors(24/7 Consultants (MD, MBBS))
- Onsite Nurses(24/7 ICU Trained Nurses)
- Expert Therapists(Cardio-pulmonary therapists,Respiratory Therapists, Clinical Psychologists, Music, Yoga Therapists and Dietitians)
- Trained Caregivers(Dedicated 24/7 experienced bed-side-caregivers (male and female))
- Personalised Care(The best individual outcome-based post-covid rehab care plan)
- Private Rooms(Well-appointed individual rooms with all modern amenities)
- Cutting-edge technology(Highly efficient online patient-monitoring system)
- Homely Environment(Supervised and secured homely set-up)
We know the pain people experience while grappling with a chronic illness and our goal is to alleviate that pain. We are Sukino, India’s first continuum care provider.
We have sensed an intrinsic need for bridging the gap between post-hospital discharge and optimal recovery for patients especially those in need of transitory care. Our team has worked ceaselessly towards formulating a comprehensive healthcare module that offers the finest quality continuum of care services using a combination of clinical expertise, skilled manpower, and advanced technology.